Thursday, August 20, 2009

I am not crazy anymore.

Ha, yeah right. I am. I just wanted to see if any of you fell for it. So I need to tell you of a story I heard last night. But first I know you all don't know where I'm working right now so I will start off by telling you a little about that. I am building a water tower for a rural water project that will be getting water to Native Americans on the reservation in North Dakota. It is funded by the government. The project includes the new water tower and a water pipe line 80 miles long. It will give the people near the town running water. The only people that have "city" water is the people that live right here in the small comunity and anyone who lives 1/2 mile or more away have to bring a water tank to the town and fill it and bring it back to their house. They put it in a tank that has a pump to have water at their house. Did I mention it is free. They just have to come pick it up. Even the people that live here the water is FREE. I'm not mad about that. My water is free too. I get water sewer and trash disposal free. So I have it pretty good right. I am part Indian 1/32 Sioux I believe.

Now to my story. The engineering firm for our job took me and another guy from my company to dinner. He had a few guys from his firm there and one of the guys was a surveyer for the water line. He stakes out the pipe line then the guys laying the pipe come behind him and lay the pipe. So the other day he was marking where the pipe line will go. He is required to give the land owners notice that they will be accessing there land to lay the pipe. He went to a house to give them notice. The man told him he didn't want them to bring the water line to his house. The surveyer didn't know how to react to that. He told him that he had to bring it to his house it is part of the contract. The guys told him the only way he would let them bring the water to his house is if they paid him a million dollars. He was serious. This is not a joke. He went on to tell about how the guy is mad at the government and wasn't going to be a sell out.

My favorite part of this story besides that he thinks that anyone would bring him a water line for free and he wouldn't have to pay to use it. He thinks someone would give him a million dollars too. Now that would be a good deal. It is that he thinks he is a sell out to have running water in is house and have water at the tap anytime he needs it. If that is being a sell out then I feel really bad for his kids and the life they are living.

No matter how bad of a life you have had or your parents have had every human being should want better for there children and if they don't then something is seriouly wrong with them.

Work harder millions on welfare depend on it.

4 comments:

  1. What.


    The.



    Hell???


    Seriously. The guy thinks he's sticking it to the man by saying the only way he'll accept free water is if they give him a million dollars?

    Sounds like a few too many hits off the "peace pipe".

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1/32 Sioux?????????? MY ASS LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. 1/32 Sioux and the rest Mexican !!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lynne I remember how you know I'm part mexican. You ate my PICO.

    ReplyDelete